I don’t know if it’s because Fall is creeping up on me, but I have been on such a casserole kick lately. My style of casserole is a little different from the traditional pasta-based types. But that doesn’t mean it’s any less delicious!
I decided to try out some fat free cream cheese the last time I was at the grocery store, and it has been the star of my dinners the past couple nights. Tonight was no exception. After getting several ideas from Pinterest, I felt confident enough to start whipping up my own concoction. I’ll call it Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Casserole.
- 8oz shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups petite broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 Tbls fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbls fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add onion and cook until onions begin to brown slightly
- Mix in broccoli, cauliflower, and shredded chicken
- Spoon in cream cheese and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar. Mix well!
- Spread into any smaller baking dish, such as an 8 in. square dish
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
Check out all that cheesy goodness!
This recipe makes 2 servings. Which means leftovers! Geez louise I love casserole!