I seriously can’t contain my excitement for Fall. Over a month ago, I stumbled upon a recipe on Pinterest for Halloween Monster Cookies that I knew I just had to try! I’m hosting my dance team’s first team dinner of the year tonight, and decided these would be the perfect treat. I tweaked them slightly to make them more festively Fall rather than just Halloween.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 1/2 cups quick 1-min oats
- 3/4 cup M&Ms (I found a bag of orange, brown, and yellow M&Ms for Fall)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped candy corn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs and sugars in a large mixing bowl
- Add vanilla, butter, and peanut butter. Mix until smooth
- Add oats slowly, then baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined
- Fold in M&Ms, mini chocolate morsels, and candy corn
- Using a 1/8 cup (or an ice cream scoop), scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. (Note: cookies get HUGE. I put 6 on each baking sheet in order to avoid overlapping while baking.)
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes
- Immediately upon removing from oven, push additional candy corn pieces into the soft cookies.
- Let cool and transfer to a wire rack.
Check out that festive platter! I’ve been looking forward to having a use for it for so long. I can’t wait to show these bad boys off tonight. These cookies are super chewy and gooey due to the candy corn. Delish!
Also, I want to preview a new little something I’ve been working on. Behold the mashed cauliflower:
Mashed cauliflower sounds so simple, right? Wrong. I’m trying to imitate the consistency of mashed potatoes without using any heavy creams or too much butter. I made these last night, and they were pretty good but I know I can do better. Recipe to come soon!
Have a good Football Sunday! SKOL VIKES!