It’s 75 degrees in Chicago today. What the heck? While I’m sure there are many people who are enjoying this warm October weather, I am not one of them. I always get thrown off when the weather doesn’t match the season. If I had it my way, it would never break 60 after September. It’s supposed to drop down into the forties in Chicago this weekend, though! Careful what you wish for I guess!
Today’s lunch was an experiment. I’ve been looking for a good store-bought hot flax cereal since I made Joelle’s Paleo Flax Oatmeal a few months back. Apparently no such thing exists unless it’s packed with about a hundred other ingredients. That’s not going to fly with this girl. I made the decision to come up with my own rendition for lunch today. The end result was mighty tasty!
- 2 tbs ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (or any other flavor)
- 2 tbs PB2 peanut butter
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- chopped nuts or fruit for topping
- Combine flax, almond milk, and egg whites in a small pot over medium low heat.
- slowly add protein powder, PB2, and cocoa powder.
- Stir continuously for 3-5 minutes, or until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- remove from heat and top with additional milk (if needed) and any other toppings! I used hazelnuts and a pinch of Splenda.
I can’t wait to try out some more variations of this creation. Although I love Joelle’s recipe, I don’t always have bananas on hand. This recipe is so simple and satisfying. It reminded me of when I used to eat Coco Wheats as a kid. YUM! This definitely hit the spot after the extreme arm workout I had today. I swear I thought my biceps were going to explode. In a good way.
For the past week I’ve been doing the following workout for biceps & triceps:
- Dumbbell Curls 3/12
- Lying Tricep Extensions 3/12
- Barbell Curls 3/12
- Tricep Kickbacks 3/12
- Bicep Cable Curls 3/12
- Tricep Cable Pushdowns 3/12
Doesn’t look too tough, right? I upped my weight today and man was I feelin’ the burn! Biceps and triceps are by far my favorite muscles to work at the gym.
I’m so excited for the upcoming weekend. Tonight, Mike and I have plans to watch the premiere of Jersey Shore: The Final Season! In honor of the occasion, we’re planning on making the famous Ron-Ron Juice. So cool, I know.
Tomorrow Mike’s parents are coming to Chicago for the weekend! Having parents visit when you’re in college is the best. Particularly when there are meals involved! I’m off to prepare for the weekend’s festivities. Happy weekend!