Why are all my posts written near midnight? Oh yeah, because that’s when a majority of my free time is! Sad, I know. I guess I could have blogged instead of taking so much time on dinner tonight, but then I wouldn’t get to share this awesome recipe!
Dinner tonight was a first for me. I’ve made stuffed chicken breasts before, but I’ve never done it by actually “stuffing” the chicken breast. It’s usually more of a roll-up. But, they were a success!
- 1 medium (4-6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
This recipe is so easy it’s just plain silly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by cutting the hole in the chicken that will be stuffed. How does one do this? First, stick a knife straight into the breast going the long way. Gently wiggle the knife back and forth to create an opening large enough to stick your fingers in to open it up more. Be careful not to pierce the top or bottom of the chicken breast. It should look something like this:
- Sautee spinach until slightly wilted in a pan.
- Mix spinach and feta in a small bowl.
- Add oregano, salt, pepper, and any other spices your heart desires.
- Time to stuff that chicken!
Don’t be afraid to really pack it in there. The more you can get in the better.
- Drizzle lemon juice, and any other left over spinach and feta over the chicken.
- Back at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
I enjoyed my stuffed chicken breast with roasted veggies on the side. What a yummy and easy dinner!
Alright, I was planning on writing MUCH more but I’m starting to realize that I have to wake up at 6:00 and am basically going to be going non-stop all day tomorrow. Plus, I’m getting sick. Great! Time to hit the hay.