As my attempt at the PBFingers Crockpot Challenge continues, I have another recipe to share with you! I found the original version of the recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago from Skinnytaste.com. I love pretty much all the recipes I’ve tried from skinny taste, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t feel the need to tweak this one to make it my own!
Crockpot Italian Sloppy Joes
Makes 5-6 servings
- 1 1.25 lb package of italian seasoned ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- provolone cheese for topping
- spinach for topping
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet
- Combine turkey with remaining ingredients in crockpot
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours
- Top with sliced provolone, spinach, or a whole wheat bun!
I scooped about a cup of the meat mixture onto a bed of fresh spinach, and topped with with a slice of provolone cheese! Delicious! I’m sure the addition of a whole wheat bun would make this even tastier. Unfortunately, I did not have any on hand.
I really want to try some crockpot oatmeal for my next crockpot adventure, but I’ve heard some horror stories from people who have made the attempt. I might have to peruse pinterest for some ideas! Stay tuned!