Even though Friday is technically my Thursday since I work Saturdays, I still feel like Friday signals the homestretch to my week. This morning began with a 30 minute cardio workout that consisted of some HIIT and steady state cardio.
- minutes 1-10: run at 7.8 mph for 2 min, walk at 3.5 for 1 min
- minutes 10-20: run at 8.5 for 1 min, walk at 3.5 for 1 min
- minutes 20-30: elliptical at level 5 resistance
Short and sweet!
Then it was onto breakfast — Pumpkin French Toast
- 2 slices sara lee 45 calorie wheat bread
- 2 servings liquid egg whites or egg beaters
- 1/3 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 2-3 TBS canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- fruit or syrup for topping
- whisk egg whites, protein, pumpkin, and spice in a bowl
- spray a large skillet with cooking spray
- dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides well
- cook each side over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes
- top with anything you want!
I topped my french toast with sliced bananas, frozen blueberries that I heated, Walden Farms pancake syrup, and PB2. Hit the spot!
I had the opportunity to visit the Autumn Festival Arts & Crafts Fair for one of my assignments today. This was not your typical crafts fair, let me tell you. It took up the entire ballroom space at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, and featured more than 350 vendors from around the country.
After briefly interviewing the event coordinator, I told her I would love to come back on Sunday during my day off to actually explore the fair. She was kind enough to give me two VIP passes for the weekend!
I have a feeling I’m going to score some early Christmas presents this weekend.
After working through the rest of the day, I made my way home for a dinner I had been dreaming about all day: Flatout Pizza
For those of you who are not familiar with Flatouts, they are one of the most versatile foods I know of. I use them as tortillas, wraps, tortilla chips, and obviously pizza crusts. By simply heating them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes, you can get them to a nice thin crust pizza texture.
Tonight, I topped mine with a ricotta-tomato sauce base, fresh spinach, turkey sausage, and fat free mozzarella.
Flatouts. Check ’em out!
Beetlejuice is on ABC Family, so I know what I’m doing with my night!