Sunday mornings call for a special breakfast. I was really craving a sweet potato breakfast scramble this morning, but groceries are running a little low right now. I settled for a version of protein pancakes that included oatmeal, egg whites, cottage cheese, and protein powder. The end result was nice and satisfying.
- 1/4 cup quick oats, or regular oats
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2-3 egg whites
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder
- splash of milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- cinnamon and splenda to taste
- fruit, nut butter or syrup for topping
- Combine all ingredients except toppings in a medium bowl
- Spray cooking spray into medium skillet over medium high heat
- Pour half of mixture into pan
- Cook each side for about 3 minutes, lifting edges to prevent sticking
- Repeat with other half of mixture
- Top with anything you’d like!
I topped my pancakes with heated frozen blueberries and PB2.
Yum! The cottage cheese keeps protein pancakes nice and dense. It also prevents them from drying out which is big for me. These cakes are sitting nice in my belly right now. I’m planning on hitting the gym in an hour or so then off to the grocery store. I just love Sundays!
Also, last night Mike proposed the idea of running the Minneapolis Half Marathon with me in June! I always try talking him into doing races with me. The last one we ran together was the Turkey Day 5k in 2012.
I think the experience was a little traumatic for him after I whooped him. But I’m super excited he’s considering running the 1/2 marathon with me. Should be a blast!
- Do and your significant other run races together?
- Do you run at the same pace or let each other do their own thing?