I have a peachy recipe to share this morning! Literally.
Mike and I visited the first South Dakota Peach Festival this weekend. Apparently these festivals are pretty popular everywhere outside the midwest, but this was our first experience at the event. They featured the world’s largest peach cobbler, and of course lots of peaches! All the peaches are brought in on trucks from Georgia, and are supposed to be some of the best around.
I ended up buying a bag for $8 that gives you the option of fitting as many peaches in it as possible. Now I have about 20 peaches that need to be eaten one way or another. Mike had a great idea last night – he told me to create different healthy recipes that feature these sweet fruits and share them! So I bring you the first installment of this peach saga, however long it may last.
I have been craving Quaker Peaches & Cream instant oatmeal for weeks. I loved the instant oatmeal packets growing up, and this was always my favorite flavor.
Since I’ve matured slightly since the age of ten, I decided to make a ‘grown-up’ version of my favorite oat flavor.
Peach & Blueberry Protein Oats:
- 1/3 cup dry oats
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbs chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Cook the oats according to directions. I typically just eye-ball how much water I’m adding to them.
- Once they’re cooked, stir in egg white, protein powder and cinnamon. Heat for 30 more seconds.
- Add peaches, blueberries and almond milk. Stir until nice and creamy.
- Top with chopped pecans or any other nuts!
This breakfast hit the spot. I’d like to try an overnight oats version as well. I feel like some greek yogurt would really add some good creaminess.